Orlando’s Freshest Veg Friendly Greek Cuisine
Greek ‘n’ Out in SoDo
Mediterranean Blue restaurant in SoDo Orlando is the freshest, most flavorful and affordable veg friendly Greek cuisine you’ll find in Central Florida.
When you are driving along Michigan Avenue, Mediterranean Blue restaurant can go unnoticed among the variety of restaurants and retailers lining the busy road. Set back on the corner of Michigan Avenue and South Osceola Avenue, next to an insurance office, is a quaint and bright little establishment. Approaching the building you will notice the wrap around window exterior just above a sea of cyan panels and a newly built front patio with big, shady umbrellas. The interior and exterior of the restaurant are immaculate. Inside you are welcomed by the friendly owner, Gail. She gave my guests and I a quick tour of the menu, available items and the deli case. She also offered us tastes of the deli case items. I tried all the made fresh daily vegetarian items in the deli case: tabouli, quinoa, Mediterranean pasta salad, braised cabbage and black eyed pea salad.
All the sides and salads were made with fresh herbs and ingredients & just the perfect amount of seasoning and spices
I ordered the falafel with tzatziki (cucumber yogurt sauce), a side of Mediterranean pasta salad, the Greek fries and baklava for dessert. The falafel croquettes were crispy on the outside and very flavorful on the inside. My falafel was accompanied by a fresh warm pita, hearty slices of ripe tomato and red onion, crispy romaine lettuce and creamy tzatziki sauce. The side I chose, Mediterranean pasta salad, was served cold with elbow macaroni and full of flavor diced sun-dried tomatoes and garden fresh herbs.
The Greek fries were perfectly hot and crispy. They were seasoned with just the right amount of sea salt, olive oil and oregano. No condiments needed here!
Finishing my delicious meal, my guest and I shared the baklava. This could possibly be the best baklava I’ve ever tasted in my life. The owner, Gail, mentioned that the baklava was made fresh daily in the traditional Greek method by her 81 year old mother. The freshness of the product definitely shined through. The flavors of cinnamon, honey and nuts layered in harmony with a light and flaky phyllo dough which was the perfect ending to an already wonderful meal.
Mediterranean Blue is a successful restaurant because of their commitment to creating fresh products everyday, using high quality ingredients and their friendly and inviting atmosphere. The menu caters to a variety of patrons whether they are vegan, vegetarian, health or budget conscious.
Vegetarian and vegan menu items available:
- Fresh daily cold salads and sides, such as: tabouli, quinoa, Mediterranean pasta salad, braised cabbage and black eyed pea salad
- Spanakopita: savory pastry with spinach and feta
- Falafel: crispy chickpea croquettes, pita, hummus, tomato, onion, lettuce, and tahini sauce (vegan) or tzatziki (cucumber yogurt sauce)
- Greek fries: seasoned with olive oil, sea salt and oregano
- Mom’s grilled seasonal vegetable: grilled eggplant and zucchini, roasted pepper and onion topped with Mom’s red sauce and served on a warm pita
- Caprese: fresh mozzarella, tomato and basil pesto served hot on focaccia
- Greek salad: romaine, tomato, red onion, cucumber, feta, pepperoncini and kalamatas
- Mini meze: kalamata olives, feta cheese, pepperioncini peppers and grilled pita
- Hummus and pita
- Baklava, rice pudding, Nutella bruschetta
Happy Hour: Specials daily from 5pm-7pm, $3 import beers & $4 Mediterranean wines
$3–7 an item
Hours: Monday-Saturday 11am — 9pm. Closed Sundays.